SAFETY FIRST - COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
Markham School of Dance has designed a comprehensive plan following the municipal and provincial guidelines for opening our studio to in-person classes. MSD is adhering to the guidelines and regulations set forth by the Government of Canada, the Government of Ontario and York Region Public Health.
Your health & safety is our number one priority and we are committed to providing you with the safest environment possible. Please note these protocols may change at any time. Please check back for updated information.
We can't wait to dance with you!
Here is an overview of some of the policies listed in detail below. Please note that these regulations may change during the course of the season depending on government requirements. We ask that all parents read the following protocols in detail.
- Daily Sanitization
- Use of Masks while in classes and in all common areas
- Limited class sizes of 8-12 students for all classes under age 12.
- Availability to attend in-person or online
- Closure of lobby and office area to guests and parents
- Hand sanitization and additional screening procedures
- All registration for classes must be done in advance through the website or by texting/calling the registration office at 647-905-8267.
- All dancewear is included in the fees and will be purchased for you and brought to the studio for pick up.
- High touch areas and hard surfaces will be disinfected in-between classes this includes ballet barres, mats and bins for personal belongings.
- Washrooms will be sanitized each day.
- The facility will undergo additional daily cleaning and disinfecting.
- No Lost & Found at this time.
- The studio will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- HEPA filtered air purifiers are used in each studio.
SCHEDULING and COHORTING
- There will be 8-12 students per class - subject to change due to government regulations.
- Students are cohorted into their class groups. Some classes have been made so students can attend two to three classes per day with the same students in the same room.
DROP OFF / PICK UP
- Before leaving your home all parents must conduct a “Self-Assessment” for dancer and family.
- If dancers or other family members are not feeling well please stay home.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the class.
- Screening 5 minutes before the class: teachers will arrive at the designated area to meet your child. Note active screening is not required at this time.
- Hand Sanitizer is available at the entrance and entering and exiting the facility.
- Only Dancers and Faculty are permitted inside the studios and a mask MUST be worn upon entering our facility and for the duration of your time in the facility.
- Arrive "Dance Ready" with hair done, in dance attire with your dance bag in hand to keep personal belongings in.
- We ask students to use the washroom facility at home before arriving at the studio so we can quickly transition directly into the classroom where possible.
- Students will be provided with a bin to store their items. These will be brought into and stored in the classroom. Please only bring what is absolutely necessary for the classes that day. Once used these will be sanitized.
- Parents please be on time to drop off/pick up your child outside our facility door. Please be patient, understanding and respectful as we safely transition classes and sign in/out students.
- Limited class sizes and in accordance to the regulations put forth by our municipality to respect and follow physical distancing regulations if any.
- Lobby will be closed to all parents and spectators.
- Personal belongings are to be placed in a bin inside the classroom. We ask that you only bring with you what is required for dancing that day. Bins will be disinfected after each use.
- Ballet Barres will be frequently wiped down/disinfected.
- Use of Masks:
- Dancers and teachers will wear masks while dancing at this time.
- Masks must be worn at all times outside of the classroom in the lobby and washroom areas.
- Hand Sanitizer will be stationed in the front lobby and will be frequently used.
- Physical Contact: Teachers will be providing hands-on corrections including spotting for safety in the acrobatics classes. Students may have partner work as well. This will be kept to a minimum.
- If a dancer or staff feels sick at the studio - they will be isolated immediately, parents will be notified and they will be asked to go home.
- Continuing Online: If at any time the studio feels it necessary to continue the class online for the safety of the students and staff we will notify parents run the classes online.
REGISTRATION AND DANCEWEAR
- Registration and dancewear will be sold remotely as our main lobby and office are closed. Dancewear is included in the class fees and will be available to you when you register. Please note that it may take a few weeks to order in the necessary items. Please plan to wear a t-shirt and track pants, or leggings until your outfit is available.
- Additional dance wear items are available by contacting the studio.
- Limited class spaces are available so please be sure to register in advance before your first day to ensure you have a spot, allow time for the registration to be finalized and notify the teachers.
- You can reach the main office by phone at 647-905-8267 our office is working remotely and is available 7 days per week. You can also text 647-905-8267
- All registration will be billed monthly.
Policies and procedures will be updated as necessary and as more information becomes available from the government.