You can now join a $5 Sparkle Day Introductory Dance Class.
Classes are offered for ages 3-Grade SK and Grades 1 and up
What the class is about?:
- The teacher will present a group dance class for 30 minutes
- The class will be an example of how a regular dance class is run.
- You will be able to see examples of the warm up, skill development and dance choreography
- The teacher will be available to answer questions about the programs
How is the Class set up?
- There is a maximum of 8 dancers per class
- For this event 1 parent/guardian per participant will be able to stay and watch (please keep siblings or other non participating children at home)
- Note that strollers are not permitted in the studio
- The Parent/Guardian will be able to sit on the floor to watch the class
- Photos and videos during the class time will not be permitted - at the end of the class you may take photos of your child
Helpful Tips for Watching:
- Please turn off your phone ringers so as not to interrupt the class
- Please speak to your child prior to attending about how to participate in the class by being attentive, watching the teacher and following the instructions
- It is helpful in this classroom setting especially on your first day to model the behaviour for your child
What to do if your child is not participating?
- If they do not want to join the class at all they can sit with you quietly and watch
- If they are up with the group but not fully dancing - please do not get up and help them unless the teacher requests assistance
- If they are running around and distracting the other dancers - please step in and ask them to sit quietly with you
What to Do if ?
- Your child just wants to sit and watch on the first day - that is ok - they may just need time to adjust to the environment
- If your child is not fully participating - some students want to learn the moves first and need that time to adjust to the new space. If they are up and in the class room that is great, give them time and they will be participating soon
- My child wants to dance but doesn't participate in the class - they are still learning even if they are not participating, as long as they want to continue to attend the class please bring them to the class. Sometimes students want to watch until they are comfortable in joining in. We have seen this take a few weeks to a few months to over a year. They can participate as much or as little as they like as long as they are not running around and distracting other children.
- My child just runs around and doesn't listen - be patient, understanding and encouraging. Discuss with you child how much fun a dance class will be and that dancers listen and follow the teacher. If they do not respond to this and consistently distract the class and run around, we recommend un-enrolling and waiting for 3-6 months and trying again.
- Pre class talk and post class treat - it is a great opportunity to use the time before class to remind them of the expectations of the class. Also incorporating an end of class treat such as special time with a parent, time at the park or an ice cream after class can encourage your child participate and offer a great time for you and your little one.
What to Bring/Wear:
- Masks are worn during the class by all participants and by everyone entering the facility
- We recommend bringing a water bottle
- Your child can wear a t-shirt and leggings/pants/shorts and either plan to go barefoot or wear socks with the grips on them
Join a Trial Class
Select your Location Below and Register for the Trial Class