Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Lyrical/Contemporary, Teaching and Choreography
What is included in the leadership dance program?
- In-studio classes with the option to join virtually
- Dance training based on internationally recognized curriculum with examination options
- Leadership opportunities as teaching assistants and event hosting
- Student choreography opportunities
- Teachers Certification Courses
- Focus on Performances - December, May/June and August
Classes focus on skill building and choreography. Students will learn different choreographies as they delve into the wonderful world of dance.
2-Week Intro Program
Introductory dance program includes two weeks of classes for only $39.99.
To get started fill out the form below and we'll contact you to book your first class.Special Offer valid for classes starting in February 2023
What are the benefits of joining the Leadership dance program?
Be a Mentor - students will work with other dancers in the dance class and learn how to be a leader
Build Confidence - students will build confidence in themselves and their dance skills by helping other students
Performance Leaders - students will take a leadership role at events and join the youngest dancers on stage
Job Training and Volunteer Experience - students will learn valuable experience which can help them later in life
Events and Activities - leaders will have the opportunity to join special activities and events such as the Santa parade choreography team and other yearly events hosted by the studio
Certificates provided for this program
Performances and Recital
- All students will be eligible to join the performances
- The Spring Recital will be held at the Markham Theatre in Late May to Early June
- The Holiday Performance will be held at Vaughan City Playhouse in December
- Other performance opportunities may also be available
Markham School of Dance was established in October 2001. Offering dance classes including examination programs in Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Modern, Acrobatics and Musical Theatre. We have trained over 10,000 students in the markham area and trained many students for obtaining their teachers certifications with various dance associations.
4 main programs are available: Dance Stars Dance for ages 3-5, Dance Performance program for Grades 1-12, Performing Arts program for Musical Theatre, Singing and Acting. Plus an International Performance Program every 2-3 years giving students the opportunity to perform internationally.