Dance FUNDAMENTALS - Grades 1 and up
Classes in: Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop and Musical Theatre
What is included in the dance program?
- In-studio classes with the option to join virtually
- Dance training based on internationally recognized curriculum with examination options
- Styles offered include: Hip Hop, Ballet, Jazz, Tap, and Musical Theatre
- Focus on performances - December, May/June and August
- Each class will consist of a warm up, stretches, skill building and choreography
Classes focus on skill building and choreography. Students will learn different choreographies as they delve into the wonderful world of dance.
Gift Certificate for - 2-Week Intro Program
with Dance Bag or Ballet Shoes for Only $39.99
Give the gift of Dance this Holiday! Holiday special includes your choice of a dance bag or ballet slippers and two weeks of classes for only $39.99. A great gift to give under the tree!
To get started fill out the form below and we'll contact you to book your first class.Special Offer valid for classes starting in January 2023.
What are the benefits of joining our IN-STUDIO dance program?
In Person Instruction - with small class sizes - 10-12 students maximum in a class
Physical Fitness - children need to have physical activity and what better way to do so then to DANCE
Creativity - dance curriculum teaches movement skills and encourages students to express themselves
Confidence - students build confidence in their movements and expressions
Multiple Performance Opportunities each year students will have the opportunity to perform in 3 shows at professional theatres
Year Round Activity - keeps your children active all year round and progressing with their skills
FUN! - dancing is fun and our dance performance program puts the fun in every class.
Performances and Recital
- All students will be eligible to join the performances
- The Spring Recital will be held at the Markham Theatre in Late May to Early June
- The Holiday Performance will be held at Vaughan City Playhouse in December
- Other performance opportunities may also be available
Markham School of Dance was established in October 2001. Offering dance classes including examination programs in Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Modern, Acrobatics and Musical Theatre. We have trained over 10,000 students in the markham area and trained many students for obtaining their teachers certifications with various dance associations.
4 main programs are available: Dance Stars Dance for ages 3-5, Dance Foundations, Dance Performance program for Grades 1-12, Performing Arts program for Musical Theatre, Singing and Acting. Plus an International Performance Program every 2-3 years giving students the opportunity to perform internationally.