What are the benefits of joining our IN-STUDIO dance program?
In Person Instruction - with small class sizes to allow for social distancing 6-10 students maximum in a class
Physical Fitness - children need to have physical activity and what better way to do so then to DANCE
Creativity - dance curriculum teaches movement skills and encourages students to express themselves
Confidence - students build confidence in their movements and expressions
FUN! - dancing is fun and our dance performance program puts the fun in every class.
What is included in the dance program?
- In-studio classes with the option to join virtually
- Dance training based on internationally recognized curriculum with examination options
- Styles offered include: Hip Hop, Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Acrobatics and Lyrical/Contemporary
- Focus on December performance and Spring Recital
- Each class will consist of a warm up, stretches, skill building and choreography
Classes focus on skill building and choreography. Students will learn different choreographies as they delve into the wonderful world of dance.
Who is this program suitable for?
Children in Grades 1 to 12 who love to dance
Performances and Recital
- All students will be eligible to join the performances
- The Spring Recital will be held at the Markham Theatre in Late May to Early June
- The Holiday Performance will be held at Vaughan City Playhouse in December
- Other performance opportunities may also be available
Access the Pricing and Registration Page
Enter your details below to access the pricing and registration page for the in-studio classes.
Markham School of Dance was established in October 2001. Offering dance classes including examination programs in Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Modern, Acrobatics and Musical Theatre. We have trained over 10,000 students in the markham area and trained many students for obtaining their teachers certifications with various dance associations.
4 main programs are available: Dance Stars Dance for ages 3-5, Dance Performance program for Grades 1-12, Performing Arts program for Musical Theatre, Singing and Acting. Plus an International Performance Program every 2-3 years giving students the opportunity to perform internationally.
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Thursday 1-5pm,
Note: our office hours will change due to holidays and studio schedules. Please contact us by phone to confirm hours of operation.